Is it just us, or have you noticed a change in your scalp too? Without knowing it, each day, we’re exposed to endless amounts of environmental factors that can impact our scalp. And while a few years ago we wouldn’t be as interested, now we’re aware that a healthy scalp also leads to better hair days. Whether you’re dealing with an itchy scalp or lackluster locks, detoxing your scalp and strands can instantly turn things around. Keep reading to learn exactly when and how to detox your strands.
How To Detox Your Hair
We’ve all been there. You just finished your blow-dry and it just doesn’t look right. Your fringe is lacking its normal volume and your crown feels oilier than usual. Retracing your steps, you’ve shampooed twice, avoided conditioner at the roots and used your round brush like a pro. So what gives? Chances are, you’re dealing with buildup from product, hard water or the environment. To get things back to normal, you’ll need to add an extra step before your go-to WASH + RINSE.
Next time you shower, prep your strands with MAXI.WASH and then follow with your go-to wash day routine. Safe for all hair types, including colour-treated hair, This clarifying shampoo can be used once a week to gently detox strands of product and mineral buildup before washing or colour treatments. In addition to washing away excess build up, strands will be prepped to receive benefits of any product or treatment that follows while also stimulating and detoxing the scalp.
From dandruff to dryness or itchiness — as the seasons change we experience a new range of scalp issues. In addition to impacting our comfort level, these concerns can also wreak havoc on our style. Placing an emphasis on the state of your scalp and the role it plays, scalp care specifically has become just as essential as skin care or hair care. Offering a dedicated regimen to address the scalp, SCALP.SPA has a range of products to treat the area.
- When revamping your routine from scalp to tip, start by exfoliating your scalp with SCALP.SPA SCRUB to remove impurities, invigorate the scalp, and promote hair growth.
- Follow this with SCALP.SPA WASH to purify, cleanse, soothe and balance the scalp.
- For more targeted treatments, apply SCALP.SPA TREATMENT, a calming foam masque, anytime you’re in the mood for a little pampering. Delivering hydration and moisture while removing impurities, this pre-shampoo treatment can help remove excess buildup while restoring balance to your scalp.
- If you’re dealing with itching, dryness or irritation, apply SCALP.SPA SERUM to the scalp to calm, nourish and create balance. This leave-in SERUM can be applied all over the scalp or as a spot
When To Detox Your Hair
With daily buildup from workouts, styling or simply showering, detoxing your hair about once a week is ideal. This can come in the form of pre-shampoo, shampoo, or leave-in treatments and can change based on your individual hair type and preference. Detoxing the hair with MAXI.WASH before hair colour is also a great idea. This removes buildup, allowing colour to adequately penetrate.
Key indicators can include:
- Excess oil
- Hair isn’t styling as well
- Waves/curls/coils aren’t as defined
- You’re lacking natural volume or control