The fun thing about styling hair is that no matter what your natural texture pattern is, with the help of hot tools and hair products you can create an array of various finished styles. While some stylers are used daily to create go-to looks others can be utilised to switch up your style or for special occasions. In this guide we’re diving into finishing stylers like hairspray and texturisers and when to use each!
Which To Use & When
- BEDROOM.HAIR, DOO.OVER and FRESH.HAIR all fall into the “texturiser” category for their ability to add light hold, grit and volume to the hair. They are often used to finish blow-dries, add volume to up styles or to create feathered braids or extend the life of your style.
- BEDROOM.HAIR is ideal for a “just napped on” look. It helps enhance undone waves, create airy volume and adds a flexible touch to create separation throughout the mid-lengths and ends.
- DOO.OVER adds hold and texture with a refreshing feel. If you’re looking for lift and more mouldable hold to create shape — this is ideal.
- FRESH.HAIR is our cult-favourite dry shampoo that also delivers bouncy, cool-girl hair.
Utilise hairspray to protect your blowout, updo or air-dried style from the elements or to add workable hold to your look. Generally, hairspray should always be applied after a texturiser. If layering, start by applying your texturiser to get the finish you’re after and then use hairspray to seal the style.
- SESSION.SPRAY and SESSION.SPRAY.FLEX both have the ability to create unbeatable hold and protection against humidity. Both are ideal for session work or everyday use because of their ability to be restyled and brushed out without flakiness.
- Adding to the adaptability, SESSION.SPRAY FLEX allows for even more flexibility with a slightly lighter hold than the original SESSION.SPRAY for a workable, lived-in feel.
- A hybrid between a finishing wax and hairspray, TOUCHABLE is soft, pliable and never sticky! This styler is ideal for textured finishes of all lengths when definition and hold are needed.