As a society, while we are currently living through unprecedented times, KEVIN.MURPHY wants you to know that we are always by your side. Each day presents new challenges in daily life, as well as your business. We are here to offer you support and guidance as you transition your salon services in this new digital world. In the meantime, we’ve gathered a few helpful small business resources to set you up for success and get through this together.
*As we navigate the ever-changing landscape of this pandemic, we will update this page as new information becomes available.
Set up digital gift certificates
Ask clients to pre-order a gift card for their next service. This is a positive way to support your business during the downtime. We suggest using a service like giftfly.com – an easy paper-free and plastic-free way to set up online gift certificates. This service uses an app-based software that is linked to Facebook and Yelp. Additionally, it tracks sales history to help you keep track of online gift card transactions.
A socially-inclined industry, connecting with your clients through email and social media is a great way to get through this together.
If you’ve always been curious about creating an automated email campaign, now is the perfect time to test it out. A fan-favourite – Mail Chimp is a great platform for mailers and has tons of great resources about building your brand’s online presence.
If your clients are craving a more one-on-one experience, in the meantime think about offering paid online consultations. Connect over the phone or through Facetime to walk clients through tailor-made blowout tips or braiding techniques.
Small business support
As a global brand, we know that this impacts us all in different ways. While we suggest following the safety guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization (WHO) there are many local resources offering business-specific support. To learn more about what programs are offered in your area, check out a few of these helpful resources.
As a global brand, we know that circumstances, resources and relief fluctuate based on where you are. While we know that many countries are not represented here, we recommend following local health and safety guidelines and referencing your federal and local government websites, as they pertain to your area. For answers about KEVIN.MURPHY specific questions, please feel free to reach out to your local distributor for more information.
- Business.gov.au – Providing the most up to date information regarding COVID-19 and your business, the Australian Government details eligibility and resources regarding financial assistance for your business.
- AHC & HABA – The Australian Hairdressing Council (AHC) and Hair & Beauty Australia Industry Association (HABA) details the latest information, resources, and rights for beauty professionals in Australia.
- SBA – U.S. Small Business Administration – With various options for small businesses – learn more information about disaster relief assistance, loans and applications.
- PBA COVID-19 Relief Fund – The Professional Beauty Association has organised a relief fund offering immediate short term assistance for Licensed beauty professionals facing hardship.
- GOV.UK – The best resource, this site has an extensive amount of financial support programs based on your circumstances – from support for the self-employed to business grants and loan assistance for small businesses.
- British Beauty Council – As developments occur, the British Beauty Council is updating their community about changes to legislature and temporary income protection for the self-employed.
- Hair & Beauty Charity – Raising funds for those most affected, there are many ways to donate or apply for help during this time.
- canada.ca – This site details an extensive economic response plan for industries, businesses, and individuals.
- ABA Canada – The Allied Beauty Association is a great resource of local and provincial information for relief, response, and local ordinances.
- bundesregierung.de – The Federal Government website details various aid programs for small businesses, freelancers and one-person businesses.
- KFW – Offering loans for businesses of all sizes, self-employed or freelancers impacted by COVID-19.
- lamoncloa.gob.es – Stimulus packages are rolling out in Spain to help mitigate the impact of COVID-19. In the meantime, businesses are able to defer tax debts and workers are able to receive paid leave.
- economie.gouv.fr – The French Government website has updates about the latest guidelines as well as support and loan information for businesses and freelancers.
- governo.it – With the most up to date information, the Italian Government’s website details the measures being put in place for help due to economic hardship.
- virksomhedsguiden.dk – In an effort to aid small businesses, Denmark has launched an economic aid package to cover fixed expenses and loss of revenue due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- gov.pl – Details are still being worked out for the self-employed, however, Poland is putting into a place a financial package that aims to aid businesses and entrepreneurs with benefits and deferred payments.
We will continue to update this page with the most up to date information. Please check back here or connect with us on social media in the meantime.