COVID-19 – better known as the Coronavirus – is a global pandemic that is impacting everyday lives. While there is some uncertainty about what the next few days, weeks, or months may hold, there is a comfort knowing we are all in this together. The KEVIN.MURPHY family has always urged salons, stylists, and clients to find balance within their lives. And now more than ever, putting your health first and foremost, remaining socially conscious while supporting the practice of self-care, making time to spend with families, and connecting from afar is even more imperative.
While we’re continually inspired by scenes of singing on balconies, praise for doctors and nurses, and the amount of digital connection that is banding us together, we also aware that as an industry we come in close contact with others on a daily basis. Your safety is of the utmost concern to us. And, while we do not have all the answers, we are sending love and support to all of you – including our salons, stylists, clients, and distributors. We urge you to follow local CDC and WHO guidelines during this time and to make choices that are best for the wellbeing of you and your loved ones.
As a part of The Choices We Make we wanted to highlight a few ways you can do your bit to keep everyone safe no matter where you are.
Depending on local ordinances, some salons remain open, while others are closed, taking a limited amount of clients, or are increasing house calls. Please check sources in your local area to stay up to date. And, ultimately make decisions based upon what is right for you and your staff.
While we’re sure you are all taking the highest level of precaution, we wanted to offer a few tips to incorporate into your routines and to share with clients about how they can help support you during this time.
STYLISTS: How To Remain Active While Social Distancing
- Research local assistance programs in your area
- Use this time to connect with clients through social media. Include daily updates for well-being and beauty tips they can carry out at home
- Tune into Youtube, Facebook and Instagram for live hair education and new classes
CLIENTS: How To Support Your Local Hairdresser
- Support local businesses by stocking up on products. Call ahead to see if there is a contact-free way to receive products during this time or pre-buy for the future
- Pre-book future appointments
- Buy gift cards, for you or a friend, for future appointments
- Leave your stylist a glowing review and send positivity their way
- Share your stylists’ social media to increase their content and services
Together – through support, kindness, and consciousness – we can prevent the spreading of this disease and restore balance in our salons, homes, and communities.
-The KEVIN.MURPHY Family